Monday, August 23, 2010

Grace-ful

Two of my favorite movies of last year were The Last Emporer (the Valentino documentary) and The September Issue, where cameras follow the staff at Vogue as they prepare for the year's biggest September issue. The surprising heroine of the movie is Grace Coddington, the magazine's Creative Director, whose creative vision is just unbelievable. I may have little to nothing in common with Grace, but her icon status alone is an inspiration to anyone who is looking to create real walking and talking style. Just flip through the pages of any Vogue magazine to see how she incorporates movement and art to bring clothes and fashion to life. News broke today that Coddington is penning her very own memoir, I am sure detailing her younger years as a model and her time at the mag. I for one cannot wait to read it. I know it's going to be a page turner and going to teach me a few life lessons along the way. 


(photo: courtesy of wwd.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment