Monday, August 16, 2010

Work Wear Done Right

When I first moved to NYC, I kind of freaked. I had to put away my amazing selection of sneakers and make way for sensible heels and black Theory trousers. My office attire was beyond boring, devoid of color, and pretty much the exact same thing every day. So when I saw that Alice & Olivia was doing a line of updated work basics, it kind of made me miss the good ole days of walking to Times Square in my working girl uniform. If only I had had these kind of options--or known more about what was out there. For today's 9-to-5er, or anyone else trying to look good, these amazingly classic pieces have that perfect twist that designer Stacey Bendet lends all her designs. They're work-appropriate but still delightfully feminine. Aka, the classic pencil skirt below with the retro peplum detailing. A must-have for any urban fashionista.
(photo: courtesy of Alice & Olivia)

No comments:

Post a Comment