Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Buttoning Up

Like every normal clothes lovin' girl, nothing is as exciting as wearing something new for the first time. So now that fall is here, and it's time for me to bring my trusty wool blazer back into rotation, I have to admit I am experiencing some fatigue. I know it's great and I know I'll wear it, and I best not be buying a new one, but I just crave something new. So what's a girl to do? Get savvy, that's what. I've decided the black buttons that came with the jacket just won't do this time around and I'm on the hunt for some jazzy gold ones. I am going to scour a few button stores over the weekend and see what I can come up with--and while I'm at it, I'm going to see if anything else in my closet needs a little sprucing up. It's such a quick--and inexpensive--trick, and it's like uncovering a whole new piece. I'll reinvent what I can and let it remain a budget-friendly activity that I can go crazy with. Hoping it does the trick, since this blazer (a definite investment piece and classic) is here to stay.


(photo: courtesy of Claire Grove)

No comments:

Post a Comment