Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Come Sail Away With Me

Looking at my closet and it's become pretty clear that I've gotten a bit carried away by the whole bateau stripe trend...you know that whole navy and white striped amazingness. I can count four striped tops (and that's just on the left side of my closet). I guess I've just found something that works and I've stuck with it. Whoever said that you shouldn't wear horizontal stripes didn't get the memo. So even though I love my striped shirt best with some loose-fitting boyfriend or white jeans for summer, this dressed-up version shows me that I can actually keep wearing them through fall. The best news? I can even dress them up and wear them out when I need a nighttime look. This souped-up version is very glam without being too outright sexy. It has that French gamine quality to it that is subtly perfect. I am even thinking of buying another one of my J. Crew striped favorites and adding some embellishments to the collar. Think of it as a high-quality bedazzling, with grommets or some metal details. It would eliminate the need for a necklace and dress the shirt up in an entirely original way. Bottom line: those striped shirts are here to stay...for a while.


(photo: courtesy of Shopbop)

No comments:

Post a Comment