Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In Theory

Back when I lived in NYC, I relied on my uniform of black Theory pants and interchangeable button downs. I loved their Max C style and I had the shirt in like 5 different colors and wore them literally every day. My friends camped out for hours at the Theory sample sale and I dove head first into the sales racks at the Theory outlet at Woodbury Commons. Now comes news that designer Olivier Theyskens (formerly of Nina Ricci...swoon) is designing a capsule collection for Theory. Now not only have they relaunched their amazing shoe collection (I have two pairs from the early aughts that are still in heavy rotation), but they've got one of the most coveted designers EVER designing some of their clothes. There's nothing better than learning that a lustworthy designer has decided to try their hand at the high-low game. While part of me is still relieved that my new work uniform consists of skinny jeans and tees, this makes me long for my working girl days in Manhattan. If only Theory were this chic back then.


(photo: courtesy of ShopLaStyle.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment