Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A New Proportion

As much as I love my Levi's Jean Jacket (it's become a well-documented fact), sometimes it can be a struggle to find things to pair it with. Not quite right with my skinny jeans (though I DO wear denim on denim), and sometimes only looks really great with a longer shirt since the jacket is a bit shorter. So I'm heeding the suggestion of this awesome site (there really are a lot out there) and pairing my fitted jean jacket with a voluminous skirt. It's a play with proportions that I hadn't considered, but I do like pairing something fitted with something with a little volume. The skirt will let me wear my foolproof Falke tights (Dear L.A., please cool down already!) and those awesome new suede wedges that are sadly already collecting dust in my closet. The voluminous skirt? I think I'll try a color, maybe even a fun floral print paired with dark grey tights. It's a great look and a way to keep wearing my beloved jean jacket (yay!) well beyond summer. Playing with proportions and lengths is such a great way to reinvent your look and get new style ideas in a flash.

(photo: courtesy of The Classic Case)

No comments:

Post a Comment