Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Prints Charming

I've been reading about these Mochila bags for quite some time. Vogue told me to get an authentic one in South America (no problem, I'll be right there), and stylist-to-the-stars Simone Harouche has a line of insanely expensive versions in addictive colors and prints. The price stops me every time but I have to admit I have a sweet spot for these bags. They're vibrantly colored, and most importantly, they look like I can pile just about anything in there (which I do on a daily basis). So when I happened into Beads of Paradise, it wasn't the strings of beads that caught my eye but the authentic Mochila bags piled high to the ceiling. Exactly what I had been looking for for so long, these cool patchwork and beaded totes and messenger bags had a tribal element that I loved and a price tag that I could actually live with.  My eyes were open and I knew what I wanted. Sometimes waiting to find the next best thing actually does pay off. 


(photo: courtesy of Beads of Paradise)

No comments:

Post a Comment