Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Trial and Error

I've been seeing them everywhere but I can't quite decide if they're for me. What am I talking about? Yes, harem pants. It may sound dumb, but I look at them and think that it takes someone far more stylish than me to pull the look off, even though I keep going back to them because they look so cute--and addictively comfortable. This sequined pant would certainly be a challenge but I think if worn right they'd look nothing short of amazing. Paired with my favorite white tee and blazer, it would look just about perfect. So seeing as I'm not quite ready to make the commitment, instead of investing in a pair from J. Crew or Theory, I'm going to try out a less expensive version by perusing the racks at H&M and Forever 21. Starting out small (and inexpensive) will give me the chance to try out the trend for less and if I can't live without them, I'll find myself a souped-up version for fall. With trends like these it's all about trial and error. I'll keep trying until it works.


(photo: courtesy of J. Crew)

No comments:

Post a Comment