Thursday, September 2, 2010

What Would Betty Wear?

When I'm not polluting my brain with mindless fare on TV, I make sure to load up my DVR with hours on end of Mad Men. Because Betty and Joan are just that cool, I've started asking myself, "would Betty wear that?" when I get dressed. Almost every answer is no, but I think if I wore red kitten heels like this, the resounding answer would be yes. I'm always looking for different places to find a little style inspiration and who wouldn't want to take a cue or two from Mad Men. Just trying to incorporate a ladylike silhouette like these bow-adorned heels (or one of fall's chic ladylike box clutches) is an easy way to add a little demure femininity to your look. Pair the bows with a tough leather jacket and voila, an awesome, unexpected look. And just think, maybe it'll bring us a few steps closer to Don Draper...or Pete Campbell!


(photo: courtesy of Net-a-Porter)

1 comment:

  1. I'd take Don Draper over Pete Campbell any day.

    ReplyDelete