Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting it Right

A few weeks ago I was actually looking for this exact photo when I just came across it on Garance Dore's street style blog. There's something about this image that I love. Maybe it's because she's rocking those thigh high knit socks that would make anyone jealous. Or that her light skirt seems like one of her favorite items from summer but it gets the Fall treatment with a pair of dark suede wedges and a beanie. Check. That big coat has a cool cutaway and fur collar, which I know some people are against (hi, peta), but just imagine how soft it would feel with the winds blowing. The oversized bag? Well I have a hard time leaving the house without mine. When you look at all the pieces separately, I would never think they would go together (nor would I ever probably wear them). But together, they're pretty awesome. This photo gives me at least a few easy ideas to use for the when the temps start to drop and I still have to look (at least try to look) stylish.


(photo: courtesy of Garance Dore)

No comments:

Post a Comment