Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gone Generic

I'm the kind of person who never buys the generic brand at the drug store. I am not sure why (and it's not a snob thing), I just convince myself it's lacking some major and vital ingredient. For whatever reason, I'm willing to pay the extra dollar for name brand soap. Strange, but true. But department stores and now online retailers too have gotten into the business of making their own generic brands. Consider Bop Basics, the in-house line for Shopbop (which you know by now is my shopping mecca). The items are their take on all of the current trends (skinny cargos, draped tees, oversized scarves, etc.) but for lower prices that anyone could get behind. I like to think that since Shopbop in particular does such a bang-up job of styling and culling amazing merchandise their in-house line has got to rock just as hard. Mais non? Whatever you're doing, dear Shopbop, keep doing it. You've lured me over to the dark--err, generic--side and I'm pretty sure I'm here to stay.


(photo: courtesy of Shopbop)

No comments:

Post a Comment