Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One to Watch

One of my favorite things to do is track my style icons. Now even though she doesn't come from a typical fashion pedigree, Deborah Needleman is a bit of an epic figure in my book. Among those in the know, she was THE editor-in-chief of Domino magazine, which despite me living in a 12x12 Manhattan shoe box, served as my interior decorating and style bible. Domino, R.I.P. So when Deborah was plucked to man the new WSJ weekend style supplement, I figured others figured out just how good she really was. And after reading a Q&A with her, I realized she just may rival my other favorite editrixes. She says the words that nearly every fashionista on a budget is dying to hear: "I’m more of a pragmatist than a fantasist." Eureka! She's on it. I'm excited to have another means of getting inspired and a new great source of accessible style.
(photo: courtesy of New York Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment