Monday, October 11, 2010

Showing Some Skin

So I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this but there was a day all too recently when I had a conundrum. I had to spend a credit but couldn't find anything to spend it on. I know, tough life. But here's the thing. Because there weren't any boxy grey sweaters and navy dresses to focus on (my go-tos), it forced me to get out of my comfort zone. It was a use it or lose it type situation. So after the sales girl prodded I finally took some soft camisoles and a vastly unsupportive bra into the dressing room. The camisole was a no-brainer. Clemense Poesy wore a delicate one on Gossip Girl a few weeks back (she's French, go figure), and ever since I've been thinking about how they look so amazing underneath just about anything. I'm thinking boy blazer or motorcycle jacket. I did drag my feet a bit on the triangle top, but turns out it worked. And now I can't seem to get enough of it. Not only is it insanely comfortable, but I prefer the look of its thick straps and bold colors underneath my dark sweaters for fall. It's a peek-a-boo style that covers a lot (thank you) but still catches the eye--which is my favorite kind. VPL makes great versions too (available on Shopbop) in fun colors that look great with the season's darker colors. A cool trick to try when you're in the mood for something just a little bit different.


(photo: courtesy of Glamour.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment