Thursday, October 14, 2010

That's Right, Leggings

Remember the days of Limited Too? Life was so simple. I used to LOVE that store. I'd wear these outfits that made me look 40 (at least). Black stirrup leggings. Ankle cowboy boots. Oversized sweaters. And long necklaces to complete the look. I think one even had bubbles. Totally ill-advised. I discovered stirrup jeans a few years back and wear them religiously with my boots through winter. I get a little embarrassed when anyone sees that they're actually stirrups, but they just fit into my boots so nicely that way. So here I come across a pair of stirrup leggings and I am relieved to see that the stirrup trend is here to stay. These thick knit leggings look like they're an absolute staple, great enough to be worn with boots and maybe even a dress if you're that masterful. I used to hate leggings (plagued by bouts of insecurity), but I now know that they're an indispensable part of any girl's wardrobe. They're just so versatile! So here's to rocking leggings and bringing back stirrups, one amazing pair at a time!


(photo: courtesy of Barneys)

No comments:

Post a Comment