Monday, October 11, 2010

Think Pink

I think pink is one of those colors that is nearly impossible to get right. It certainly depends on the skin tone, and you run the risk of going too bubblegum or too pepto with the slightest variation in shade. So what's a girl to do? Well I was reading Cupcakes and Cashmere, an adorable blog by another LA lady, and saw this pic of a petal pink bedroom that gave me an idea. It wasn't the dusty rose that has been a Pantone favorite, and it wasn't the totally pale version that washes me out. It was just bright enough to catch my eye, which means it'll catch other eyes if I wear it. A delicate silk or chiffon dress would be ideal or maybe even one of those sweet camisoles I have been on the search for. I have a feeling Urban Outfitters may have an option or two. The color is a bit of a stretch for me, but it makes me happy every time I see it. And what better reason do you need? 


(photo: courtesy of Cupcakes and Cashmere)

No comments:

Post a Comment