Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Vested Interest

What seems like decades ago, I bought a button up sweater vest from Theory. It was a great thin merino wool and for some reason I loved it. It seemed a bit extreme to wear it over a button down (a little too Alex P. Keaton), so I paired it with draped tees, even tank tops, for a look you wouldn't necessarily expect. My favorite outfit was one where I wore the sweater vest over a slinkier camisole and a long necklace. Without fail, I always got compliments. So now that the temperature is dropping, the vest has been reintroduced into my closet--and my wardrobe. I can't wait to use it as a layering tool, and I particularly like all these draped versions that are popping up everywhere. Simply put, they work with everything you already own, keep you just a little bit warmer, and I think look adorably chic. Just a little bit preppy with your own, personalized edge. I happen to think it looks amazing. Expect me to be sporting my very own in very near future.


(photo: courtesy of Gap)

No comments:

Post a Comment