Sunday, November 7, 2010

27 Dresses

So let's just say, over the past few years, I've been to a lot of weddings. How many you ask? Enough that my adept 15 year old cousin asked me honestly, "Have you been to 27 yet?" Cute movie, I know. But I think the most stress that surrounds weddings involves what to wear. You never want to repeat and you always want to look cute. It's a lot of pressure and made me glad that I have a bit of a wedding hiatus until March. That was until I started perusing Net-a-Porter (just browsing, I swear). For a second I actually thought to myself, I wish I had more weddings to go to if only to wear some of these dresses. Playing dress up becomes a real world exercise in style where weddings are involved and there isn't a girl I know who hasn't stressed, shopped, and over-primped. This asymmetrical metallic number is ornate enough to make it interesting and short enough to keep it intriguing. A chunky cuff or big chandelier earrings would be ideal and you could pair it with some black tights and heels for a winter wedding or silver stilettos for summer. I happen to love it and am banking that just one more friend may get engaged soon. I never thought I'd be saying this, but this dress has me waiting for another wedding. 


(photo: courtesy of Net-a-Porter)

No comments:

Post a Comment