Monday, November 22, 2010

It's SO me!

Signing onto gchat yesterday and I immediately get a link from a friend. She said "this is so you." Now while at first I was glad she was reading Shopbop's blog (maybe a trick she picked up while reading Fits of Fashion?), I started laughing when I saw the picture. It was a blog entry about what to wear for Thanksgiving and as you can see the picture takes a pretty trendy twist on the American classic. But she was right. I could totally see myself in that exact outfit. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's what I wore on Sunday (right on down to the boots). So at first I was kind of annoyed, thinking to myself, my god, how predictable have I become? But then I realized that it just means that I've nailed my signature style. I think over time (and many trials and even many more errors), I've figured out what works for me. The answer? Probably skinny jeans, some boots that pretend to be motorcycle boots but really aren't. And obviously, some form of stripes. I layer everyday, starting with my favorite tees and tanks, since I'm not quite ready to store them away for winter, and looking at my closet I am pretty into the draped cardigan look. That army green jacket? Well I got it last May but it's still working for me all those months later. So actually, I'll take that as a compliment, Andrea. I've finally figured out what works for me...my budget, my lifestyle, and my everyday sched. These pieces make sense, people think of me when they see them, and I happen to think they look pretty damn chic.

 
(photo: courtesy of Shopbop Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment