Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What to Wear: Holiday Party Edition

So I am hoping my dear old filofax starts to get filled in toward the holidays and I am already fantasizing about what I am going to wear to all the fetes (which might I add is hard considering I am making them all up). So this skirt caught my eye as something totally different. Sequins are huge for the holidays with just about every designer coming out with sequin harem pants, sequined blazers, cardigans, you name it. I even have the adorable sequin skirt from J. Crew, obvi. So how to make those sequins stand apart from the crowd? This sequined number is embellished with some strategically placed feathers that make it look downright stunning. Plus after that holiday party is over, I would wear this skirt with some black opaque tights, black flats, a white tee, and my army green military jacket for day. It's more versatile than you think and can even be a DIY project if you want to update the sequin skirt you already have. PROJECT! 


(photo: courtesy of Net-a-Porter)

No comments:

Post a Comment