Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Personal Touches

I'm starting to think that one of the coolest things you can do to make a design your own is to personalize it in some way. These days I'm liking the kind of ironic monogram. I know it may not be for everyone but I think the best engagement gift I ever gave had to have been a personalized LL Bean tote with the bride's new initials. Whether it's engraving a compact or elegant pill case, a pair of sunglasses with your initial etched into the stem (Prada makes a pair) or a Jonathan Adler initial pillow (dying for one), the options are endless. I know everyone seems to have the same old pendant initial necklace, but go for something a bit more bold. Iron an initial onto a vintage cardigan, paint one onto a handbag or tote (a la Goyard), or engrave one on an old bangle you never wear. 


(photo: courtesy of life-content.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment