Thursday, February 17, 2011

Feeling Feminine

As I was browsing Shopbop this AM, looking at their "What's New" section (a morning ritual) I realized that every single thing I like is something masculine. I love all the button-downs, oxfords, and all the man-repeller sweaters. So before I put anything in my virtual shopping basket, I closed out of the window and realized for everything non-feminine purchase I make, I have to pair it up with something overly feminine so it balances out into a nice unique blend. This shirt I love with white jeans for summer or my new high-waisted flares. But wait. Hold up right there. What about tucking it into a high-waisted skirt instead. And if I insist on the jeans, pulling my hair back and dressing things up with a great pair of earrings. If I insist on wearing it with a blazer, I have to wear something feminine on the bottom, and visa versa. Trying to stay true to what I like while not totally sacrificing what I love....

(photo: courtesy of Shopbop)

No comments:

Post a Comment