Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning to Layer

You know that totally annoying voice in your head when you're heading out--or maybe getting ready to go skiing--that says you'll stay warm and prevent anything bad that comes along if you just layer! Layering is key. It doesn't the matter the situation, it's the only thing that works. So looking at this pic of an editor outside New York Fashion Week (I told you this was my fave part) and she's done that whole layering thing expertly (right on down to the two bags she's carrying!). Love the way she wears what looks like a chunky vest underneath what could otherwise be a Spring trench. A longer skirt is layered over some opaque tights and I would maybe throw on my trusty Levi's denim jacket underneath it all for good measure. The art of layering mastered and done to perfection...I have a lot to work on!

(photo: courtesy of Mr. Newton)

No comments:

Post a Comment