Thursday, February 24, 2011

RODARTE at MOCA

I'm embarrassed to even admit that I still haven't seen Black Swan, but I do love anything having to do with ballet. Disclaimer: Every time I go to the MET in Manhattan, I have to stop by the Degas ballerinas. That's why I was psyched to hear that Rodarte, who are total design wizards, were going to exhibit some of their beautiful designs and the Black Swan costumes at MOCA in LA. I got a sneak peek of the exhibit, set to open early March and I tell you, RUN don't walk to check it out. Their suspended from the ceiling in this dizzying array of textures and lights and contrasting colors that is amazing. It inspires and gives you all sorts of ideas of how to twist fabrics the way the designing sisters do and how to pile on different transparencies in the most unexpected but beautiful ways. Absolutely a must-see.


(photo: courtesy of MOCA)

No comments:

Post a Comment