Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Color Inspiration for Spring

Simply put, this pic is my inspiration for Spring. I'm still holding strong to all my blacks and greys (even wore some grey wool pants today) but I think it's about time for a color intervention. This picture (aside from being beautifully organized) is just such a breath of Spring fresh air. And the best part is Spring doesn't have to mean vom florals (Laura Ashley much?). It can be about cool ikats, tie-dyes, and abstract prints. I will aspire to have a closet as colorful as this even if I just keep trying. I'll try and make sure that the next thing I buy has some color in and keep working at it toward Spring. Instead of caring if everything goes together, I'm going to go for a mismatched look. That way I can wear everything together and look completely myself.

(photo: courtesy of Teen Vogue)

No comments:

Post a Comment