Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Many Fashions of Mom

My mom has this old black gown by Bill Blass. I guess you could say it's "vintage" but it looks more Dynasty-era to me than anything else. I can't even tell you how many times my mom has tried to get me to wear that dress. Aside from that, I sadly don't have too many hand me downs in the fashion category. This new book though pays homage to stylish moms that span the decades, giving us evidence in pictures of trends that we all prob want to try and copy. Whether it's head scarves made chic (why can't I manage to pull off the look) or Lily Pulitzer print shift dresses at their best (which may or may not look so cute outside of Palm Beach), these pictures are truly worth a 1,000 words. Guess I've found another one to add to my obscene picture book collection.

 (photos: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment