Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Coffee Table Book Must-Have

The stacks of coffee table books that have amassed on my bookshelf and coffee table are getting quite out of hand. I even added a new one to the collection this past weekend (Style.com's Stylist: it's for work, I swear). So I've been trying to put some limits on ones that I claim I "have to have." But this one may just be in that category. It's a kitschy style book written by an age-old costume designer from Hollywood's hey day, responsible for dressing the likes of Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe. It's a fun read to get a history of how we got to where we are, and maybe to pick up some retro styling tips along the way. Plus, if you're into Mad Men-style dressing, this pretty much has you covered.


(photo: courtesy of LA Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment