Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Designer Challenge: Perfect Prints

I have a friend who had the cool idea to find an old, vintage hermes scarf (a total investment piece, btw) and frame it. She's treating it like the piece of art that it actually is. It sits proudly on her wall and I always get a bit envious that my framed prints (proudly from Room & Board) don't have the same fash panache. I've been getting some tips from these at-home pics I found on Refinery 29. I love the vintage-y feel of these posters and the black and white colors let the accessories (like the ginger jars that I already have) do the talking. It's a subtle way to express your singular style at home, that I really happen to love. Don't even get me started on leaning pics against the wall versus having them perfectly hung--at least that's my excuse for the ones that I have yet to hang up. 

 (photo: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment