Monday, May 30, 2011

Backyard Entertaining

Even though I don't have a big backyard area to entertain in this Summer, now that it's Memorial Day, I am already daydreaming about what I would do if I did have one such space....and I'm envisioning colorful lanterns and ornate pillows--a bit of a Moroccan feel. I love the idea of bringing that outdoor sensibility into my apartment though because I don't have the backyard I wish I had. I don't mean moving the grill into the living room but taking some of the outdoor decorating tips into consideration. Maybe swapping out my coral paisley pillows for something with green and blues in it so I can pretend I'm outside. Maybe fishing through some antique stores for a cool lantern to prop on my coffee table for effect and maybe even swapping out my beloved cowhide rug for the Summer months with something Sisal. I'm bringing the outdoors in, one accessory at a time.


(photo: courtesy of Lonny Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment