Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SPOTTED: New from Lauren Moffatt

I remember my first design from Lauren Moffatt vividly. I was a lowly college student slumming it in West Philadelphia (well, kind of) and I discovered this amazing boutique called Petulia's Folly. I found myself a beautiful black gauzy skirt that hit below the knee (strangely the only hemline I wore) and it had this ring right at the waist band that gave everyone a peek of skin. Not quite sure what I was thinking but it was new and different and I had to have it. Granted I wouldn't be caught dead in that skirt now but as much as I have changed, so has Lauren Moffatt--in all the good ways. She's still got that layered look and works with beautiful burgundies and navies that I just love. It's preppy with a cute feminine twist...not wonder it caught my eye all those years ago!


(photo: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment