Friday, May 20, 2011

Street Style Inspiration for the Weekend

Once I get into something, I get really into it. My OCD kind of kicks into my overdrive and all of a sudden, it's all I can think of. My latest thing is cross-body bags. I used to think of those messenger bags we all carried in college as the only option. They were big, they were bulky, and they were filled with far too many books for all of my lit courses. Now they're shrinking in size (meaning they're WAY more comfortable) but seriously just as chic. Now I almost won't even consider a bag unless there's some cross-body options. This pic totally got me. I may not wear those short shorts (though I love the blazer with them), but the way she slung that bag over her shoulder and across her body just slays me. I am totally into the look and like how it's a bit of a more modern alternative--far less ladylike and proper, which just feels more me.

(photo: courtesy of Elle)

No comments:

Post a Comment