Monday, June 6, 2011

How to Wear It: The Little Leather Jacket

I hate to admit it, but ever since I took the plunge and got my leather jacket (the definition of an investment piece), it's been sitting in my closet unworn. Sure, it brings a smile to my face every time my fingers cross over it, but for the most part, I just can't seem to figure out what to wear it with. I don't have enough of those cute flirty Summer dresses that need a tough leather edge, and I can't seem to make it work with tees and jeans. For some reason the proportions always seem off on me. But then I saw this pic and realized this is just one of what I am sure are a trillion ways to wear the jacket. The shirt has got to be a bit longer to offset the shorter hem of the jacket and it's cool if the color works against the jacket's kind of structured color (the buttoned-up button down looks just right with the jackets ironed-down lapel). I know that I for one am ready to take the challenge now head on after seeing this inspiration.

(photo: courtesy of Vanessa Jackman)

No comments:

Post a Comment