Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fading into Fall

The Fall clothes are starting to burn a hole in my closet as the temperatures continue to rise and all I can think about are maxi skirts and sandals. But since I'm getting pretty comfy in my warm weather wardrobe, I'd ideally like to wear some of these things even when September draws near. This denim tunic for instance is perfect worn short and without pants for those steamy Summer days. But I'm thinking with some super skinny pants, you could wear it still in September with an oversized scarf and maybe some ankle boots. Same goes for all those light floral prints and white dresses. I think they're fair game come September and October, just by adding in some darker, richer accent pieces like wool, corduroy, knits, and deep colors like maroon, mustard, and rust. It's an easy way to extend the shelf life of what you already own, which I am ALL about these days.


 (photo: courtesy of The Sartorialist)

No comments:

Post a Comment