Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fall Looks: What to Wear

I can't even tell you how many times I've tried on some version of a fur or faux-fur vest. I always get so excited, wide-eyed, try it on, and then take it off, realizing it just doesn't look right on me. But I'm thinking while looking at this picture that maybe I've been getting the proportion wrong this whole time. Look at the way this vest hits just below the hips. That way it elongates you, while so many that I've tried have been too short and boxy. The best way to offset the vest? Wear it with a long, flared pant so that nothing gets cut off, but instead everything is long and lean. If you're creating bulk with a big vest, it makes sense to create a fluid line with the rest of what you're wearing and this shows just how to do it--and do it well.

(photo: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment