Thursday, September 1, 2011

Street Style Inspiration for the Weekend

I've been talking a lot lately about long dresses. The hem is long, the sleeves are long, and I'm super happy. I guess after a Summer of exposed skin, I can't help but get excited at the notion of covering up a bit. But I think if you're not careful, you can easily come across as dowdy. How to make it work (aka cover up without looking too covered up?). Well, I think this street style photo gives a perfect example of how it's done--and done well. I think the key is having hints of transparency. See if you can find a more sheer dress and wear a slip underneath so it's not totally see-through but you can still see glimmers of skin. This way you still get the coverage you want with a few peaks instead of peeps. I think chiffons and laces work best for this, lace preferred because the intricacy and patterns can hide a whole host of things. It's a beautiful ode to Fall, just starting to cover up after Summer, but not entirely Winter-bound...yet.


(photo: courtesy of Vanessa Jackman)

No comments:

Post a Comment