Monday, October 17, 2011

An Easier Transition into Fall

Fall is starting to rear it's ugly head and I feel myself running my fingers across knits when I'm browsing the store shelves. But I have to admit, I'm not entirely there yet. I haven't been able to put away all of my tanks and even if I am wearing something wool, you better be believing that I'm wearing a cotton tank underneath it. Maybe it's that I'm in LA and the weather here is fickle (and hovering around 80 degrees almost daily), but I'm dragging my feet into the transition. This image sums up how I'm feeling and reminds me that I can get away with wearing white--and cream--and shades of beige with just a few jet black add ons so I'm not overtly Summer. This off-white outfit incorporates a delicate lace but instead of flip-flops and a straw bag for a day at the beach it's suede black heels and a waxed leather bag for a Fall look at Fashion Week. Now this is something I can get behind and I'd love even a navy blue blazer if things got chilly at night. See where I'm going here. This look lets me take the baby steps I've been craving.


(photo: courtesy of Glamour)

No comments:

Post a Comment