Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How To: Add a pop of color

I'm just as guilty as most. When I look at my closet, the majority is black or white--some cream, but let's be honest, I feel safest in these bland colors. I have one red shirt that I got in Paris and let me tell you, it sticks out like a sore thumb against the rest. So even though I've been craving color, I'm not just going to ignore all of the pieces I've already got in my closet already. I've got to add some colorful add-ons to the already neutral, somewhat deco palette. These two street style pics are two perfect examples of how it's done so well. You almost become like a great pop art picture when you add neon and bright hues to black and white. I love the near optical illusion it plays, keeping things looking fresh. Plus, makes things that much less drab for Fall/Winter. Love!


(photos: courtesy of All the Pretty Birds)

No comments:

Post a Comment