Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The New Heel: Thick & Sturdy

And here's another. It's been years of super skinny heels that you kind of wobble on, made of slivers of metal or what have you, hoping you don't fall, the skinnier and more stilt-like, the better. But now, there's a wave of chunky heels making a comeback. And they're not just chunky. They're curved to make them that more comfortable and walkable. For me, this is tres important and their wearability on long days of walking and standing on my feet is crucial. I happen to love that these look beyond different than what we've seen for years. At first I was turned off. They seemed dowdy, but now I'm kind of intrigued by their grandma-chic element. The thick-heel is back and I guarantee your balance--and back--is giving thanks. Would love to ride this trend for a few years...at least.


(photo: courtesy of New York Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment